The tSec Standard Card Reader provides a complete multi-technology smart card RFID solution. Compatible with all Wiegand data capable control systems and incorporating RS-485 communication, tSec Readers allow rapid deployment of secure technology in any environment. Available in multiple card capabilities (DESFire, MIFARE, and 125kHz cards), with an optional keypad, and in a choice of black or white, you can select the model to fit your needs and your decor.
- Multi card technology provides support for 13.56MHz (DESFire and MIFARE) and 125kHz cards from a single reader
- Encrypted RS-485 or standard Wiegand connection
- Fully encapsulated design with environment IP Rating of IP65 for outdoor and indoor operation
- Bi color LED (blue and green) with independent or single LED control
- Read range up to 60mm (2.36″) with proximity ISO cards
- Optional vandal resistant cover
Multi Card Technology
Available with 13.56MHz smart card capability, or as a multi technology reader that combines both 125kHz proximity and 13.56MHz capabilities in a single unit delivering maximum compatibility while providing a path forward to the latest technology. The multi technology reader is ideal for organizations that wish to transition to smart technology at their own pace, as it means they don’t need to replace all their cards upfront.
Choose between the intelligent RS-485 connection for fast, flexible, secure communication, or Wiegand for compatibility with all standard access control systems. RS-485 provides the added benefits of being easier and more cost effective to wire and deploy, and allows for direct integration with Protege systems enabling you to make changes on the fly once readers are installed. RS-485 also allows for longer cable runs and offers a simpler firmware update process.
Bluetooth / NFC Credential Reading
Bluetooth / NFC capability enables you to use your smartphone as your access credential for maximum convenience. Equipped with support for most modern iPhone and Android devices, you can unlock the door using a unique access credential that is supplied by the Protege Mobile App, entered against your user record in Protege, and authenticated by a secure cloud based server.*
* Bluetooth capability is denoted on tSec models with the -BT suffix. These readers must be running firmware version 229 or higher.
The IP65 environmental rating provides a high degree of protection from the elements, making the tSec reader suitable for harsh environments. Readers can be mounted indoors or outdoors, located anywhere from the car park gate to the office door.
Clone Card Detection
Built-in clone detection when using ICT Secured MIFARE means that even while it may be possible to copy a single MIFARE credential, use of that credential is detected and prevented. Clone card detection operates in the following modes:
- Clone Card Read detects that a clone card has been presented but continues normal operation.
- Clone Card Destroy detects that a clone card has been presented and modifies the card so that it can no longer be read.
Configurable LED Strip
The tSec reader provides the ability to change the color of the LED strip (16 colors available) to show when a function has started, succeeded or failed. For example, when a function is used to arm an area, you can set the LED to change to purple to show that the function has started, yellow to show that the area has armed successfully, and red to indicate that the function has failed.
This functionality is only supported by tSec readers that are using RS-485 configuration.
A range of optional features means there is a model to suit everyone.
- Available with or without capacitive touch keypad
- Choose from the 13.56MHz (DESFire/MIFARE model) or the Multi-Technology model that supports both 13.56MHz and 125kHz formats
- Opt for either black or white according to your decor
Optional Vandal Resistant Cover
Designed to withstand some of the harshest settings, the optional vandal resistant covers are ideal for locations where a card reader may be exposed to damage, including corridors, parking buildings, correctional facilities, and other public places. Highly resistant to impact, such as from the swing of a hammer or baseball bat, its robust construction provides greater durability and protection against vandalism and malicious damage. The flush design also serves as an anti-ligature measure for an additional level of safety.
Note that regular keypad variations of the tSec range do not operate correctly with the vandal resistant covers that are provided separately. You must order the reader as a kit (including the cover) using the relevant part codes